A. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
JC Wholesale collects information from the users of site generally in the following ways:
User’s Personal Information:
Account Creation: JC Wholesale collects personal information when a user registers on the site. When you register, we ask for information such as your name, age, e-mail address, birth date, gender, your billing and delivery address, country of residence, zip code, your phone (or mobile) number, your credit/debit card details, banking details and other similar personal information that you choose to make available to us and others as a part of your user profile. When you register with JC Wholesale and use our services, you are not anonymous to us. Here, you are advised not to disclose your financial information such as credit card number, bank details etc, publicly or as response to any e-mails; as it can be used for fraudulent and illegal purposes.
Ordering: We collect information from you when you purchase, order, return, exchange or request information about our products and services from the Site.
Customer Support: When you connect with our customer service regarding queries, complaints, returns or exchange, we may collect additional information from you, as required.
Testimonials: We collect information when you provide us with your comments, suggestions, or other input.
Third party sources: Examples of information we receive from other sources include: updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Device and Log Information:
Log Data: Like almost all websites or mobile applications, our Network may create and record certain information in an automated way. When you use our services, we may automatically collect and store certain information in our server logs. For example, when you use our Site, our servers may automatically record information about your interaction with our products (“Log Data”), including information that your browser sends, depending upon how you interacted with the Network. Such information may include:
Internet Protocol address and other electronic identification data.
Device information such as system activity, hardware settings, browser type and settings, browser language, date and time of your request and referral URL.
Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your JC Wholesale account.
The address of the web page you were visiting before you came to the Network.
We may collect and store certain information on your device/computer using techniques such as browser web storage and data caches. We may use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit our site including sending one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to your device.
Device Information: Our Network may also collect information about the device you’re using when accessing the Network, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether our Network collects some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available, please check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
The information collected may be “personally identifiable” (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or “non-personally identifiable” (meaning it can’t be used to specifically identify you). Our Network uses both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described above.Your personal information may be used with non-personal information in a manner such that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other user. Your personal information may be made non-personally identifiable by either combining it with information about other users (aggregating your personal information with information about other users), or by removing characteristics (such as your name or email address) that make the information personally identifiable. This process is known as de-personalizing your information. You grant JC Wholesale a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable and fully transferable right and license to use your personal information in connection with the creation and development of analytical and statistical analysis tools relating to the use of the customer data collected (the “Analytical Data”).
JC Wholesale may set and access JC Wholesale cookies and other similar technologies like identifiers, gifs etc. on your computer. These are small data files sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer. By using the site, you are giving consent to the use of such technologies. (You may choose to opt out of/reject cookies at any time, by changing your browser settings or adopting other requisite measures. However, you may not be able to experience certain features of our site, if you reject cookies.)
The main purpose of using these technologies is to:
· Improve user experience- These technologies work with JC Wholesale features and help us to improve our products and services. They are used to recognize you and deliver most relevant contents/information/advertisements to you, remember your chosen preferences ( like language preference), improve browsing experience, understand, improve and research products and services, direct you to relevant help sections when required, etc.
· Monitoring our services- These Technologies may be used, to measure the effectiveness of our marketing endeavors and advertisement campaigns, provide customer statistics and metrics about our website, such as total number of page views/visitors etc.
Server information: Our servers are located in United States of America (U.S.A). Therefore if you choose to provide us with personal information, you are consenting to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers.
B. USAGE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Our primary purpose of collecting information is to provide, maintain and improve our services, to develop new ones and to protect JC Wholesale and its Users. We strive to provide you with smooth, efficient and customized experience. We collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law. We use information we collect to:
- Customize the advertising and content you see.
- Provide and improve our services of internet communication and online shopping and improve the effectiveness of our Sites, mobile experience, and marketing efforts.
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, returns/exchanges, or requests for information, or to otherwise serve you.
- Conduct research and provide information to our internal and external clients.
- Communicate and contact with users to provide customer support, troubleshoot their problems and request feedbacks.
- Use collected information for fair business purposes like sending marketing communications and other information regarding products, services and promotions
- Customize user’s experience, measure interest in our services, send e-mails and inform users about services and updates.
- Display updates about your recent activities and help you find JC Wholesale products, easily and accurately.
- Resolve identity related and other disputes.
- Provide you tailored contents like relevant search results and ads.
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against identity thefts and otherwise protect our customers and our business
- Comply with various laws, rules and regulations.
- For other purposes, as described when we collect the information.
C. INFORMATION SHARING/DISCLOSURE
JC Wholesale does not rent, transfer, sell or share personal information about you with other people who are non-affiliates, without your express permission. However, we may share or disclose information under the following circumstances,
· Legal Compliance- JC Wholesale and its affiliates/partners/service providers may provide personal data, communication content and/or traffic data to an appropriate judicial/legal/governmental authority, if required in compliance with any law or legislation. We will provide information to fulfill such request. We may also share your information to enforce or apply applicable terms and conditions of Use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our customers or others and you hereby acknowledge and give consent to such disclosure by us.
· In case of any transfer/merger/acquisition/amalgamation, if JC Wholesale or all or parts of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal information of JC Wholesale users will also be part of assets transferred to the transferee. In this event, we reserve the right to include your personal information in any such transfer to a third party.
D. OTHER ASPECTS
CHILDREN’S PRIVACY: The Site is not intended for persons under 18 years of age. Children’s privacy is a serious matter and parents are encouraged to play an active role in their children’s online experience at all times, especially if they are less than 18 years of age. If we become aware that an individual is under the age of 18 and has submitted any information to us, for any purpose without prior verifiable parental consent, we will delete his or her information from our files.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND INFORMATION PROTECTION: At the organizational level, access to your personal information is limited only to our employees/partners/service providers/contractors/affiliates that need such information to provide our products/services to you and in order to carry out their jobs. All the physical, electronic, technical and procedural safeguards have been put in place to protect and avoid unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification of your personal information, to the maximum possible extent. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
We shall not be liable in any manner for any fraudulent use of the information provided by you to us, by any other person/persons, despite our reasonable efforts to protect the same.
Limiting the Use of Personal Information: We want to communicate with you only to the extent you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to have personal information collected from you via the Services shared with third parties, or to set your preferences concerning promotional communications, please contact us. If you prefer that other personal information provided by you not be shared with third parties, please let us know by emailing, writing or calling us as described and identify the personal information that you would prefer not to be shared. Your instructions will be processed as soon as reasonably practicable and in accordance with law.
Personal information is required for you to make a purchase, request information or assistance, or take advantage of certain services and features we offer. If you do not want to provide personal information through use of these services and features, you are free to look for products offered through any of our marketing channels and place a telephone order by calling us or by visiting one of our stores. We respect the confidentiality of all your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement whether you give it to us over the telephone, at one of our stores, or via any other means.
MODIFYING/AMENDING PERSONAL INFORMATION: If at any time, you feel the need to modify/amend/delete your personal information, you can do so by signing in your account and choosing the option to edit your personal data. Your request to modify or delete data will be catered to within a reasonable period of time, after verification of you identity (if required).
It is to be noted that after you delete your information from your account, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our servers and may not remove it from our back up utilities, if it is require to be retained by law or for lawful business purposes. Moreover, if you delete your user account, it may take some time for your account to disappear completely form the website, due to technical difficulties. It may still appear in the search directory for sometimes, even after you delete your account.